General Camp Information
- Opportunities are available for any young person that wants to be baptized by immersion into the family of God and the Seventh-day Adventist Church. This baptism
would be in complete cooperation with Parents or Legal Guardians. We have caring, trained staff that would study basic Bible truths with each camper. A decision for baptism would depend on the “readiness” of each camper. Arrangements can be made to have family and specific pastors involved in this incredible event.
- Mount Aetna Camp has a store for refreshments, snacks, camp apparel, and souvenirs. It is recommended that your child keep his/her spending money in the camp bank for safekeeping. All money left in the account, $10 and under, will be donated to the Scholarship Fund. All other camp store monies will be refunded if requested in writing, after August 31st.
- **PLEASE NOTE: Money cannot be removed from the account to take to Skate Night.
Check In/Out Times
- Check in is on Sundays from 2:00-4:00 p.m. at the White Pine Lodge (cafeteria) for all campers. Please note that we do not open the camp gates prior to 2:00 pm. Check in can take over an hour and there can be lines, so please plan accordingly. If you plan to arrive later than this time please notify us in advance to make arrangements.
- Check out is on Sundays from 9:00 am-11:00 am at the White Pine Lodge (cafeteria). For the safety of your child, it is required that you show a photo ID to pick up your child. In addition, please be sure that the person who is picking up your child is on your account as an authorized pick up, prior to arrival.
- At Mount Aetna Camp we are dedicated to serving a healthy, balanced diet. Our camp serves a lacto-ovo vegetarian diet. Animal/fish meats are not served at our camp. If your camper has any special dietary needs, please share those details when arriving to camp to the camp nurse. If you have any questions or concerns regarding dietary needs please contact the Food Service Dept at 301-824-3149.
Lost and Found
- A “lost and found” is maintained at the camp office throughout the summer. Please check with the camp office as soon as items are discovered lost. All items not claimed by August 15th will be donated to charity.
- Campers love to receive letters and care packages from home! Please send them early in the week to ensure that they will arrive on time.
- Please write the campers name on the package: Attn: (campers name)
- Our address is:
- Mt Aetna Camp & Retreat Center
10375 Retreat Way
Hagerstown, MD 21742
- Campers also love to receive emails. Emails will be printed and distributed once daily at 4:00 pm.
- Please do not send pictures as these will not be printed, because these use up a lot of ink.
- Send your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please write the camper’s name on the subject heading
- A camp nurse is on duty 24 hours a day to take care of minor ailments, necessary medications, and emergencies.
- Our staff members are all CPR & First Aid certified for the safety of your children.
- Please be aware that all campers will receive a lice check and health screening to determine their level of fitness and for the overall safety of the campers. This is done at check in, prior to being assigned to a cabin.
- During camp, the Parent or Guardian will be notified if their child has an illness or injury that cannot be cared for with Basic First Aid, as well as if the injury or illness causes the child to be unable to participate in physical activities. In case of such an emergency we will take your child to Urgent Care or the Emergency Dept.
- If parents would like to be notified about basic injuries such as: small cuts, scrapes, small bumps or bruises, or temporary illnesses, parents can call our Camp Nurse at (301) 824-2729 and this information will be provided.
Mount Aetna Camp has a strict No Cell Phone policy. In order to participate in the full experience of summer camp, we are asking parents to keep cell phones or electronic devices at home for these can get lost or damaged. Our camp staff wants to ensure that campers receive a total blessing and is committed to their spiritual growth and safety. If a phone or electronic device is found in a camper’s possession, the device will be placed at the camp office for safe keeping and it will be returned during check out or when leaving camp.
Due to the large number of campers and the disruption to the camper’s schedule, we ask that calls to campers be limited to emergencies only! In case of such an emergency, the camp phone number is 301-824-2729. Campers will be assigned a scheduled time to call family members, or return calls as possible.
- There is a $50 non-refundable deposit that is required at the time your child’s application is processed. Please call or email at least 48 hrs in advance if you plan to cancel to receive a full refund. Once a camper has arrived at Mt. Aetna Camp, if the camper goes home early for any reason, there will be no refunds. If you paid by check or cash, any refunds due will be mailed after August 31st. If you paid by credit card you will receive a refund within 48-72 hrs.
- For the safety of your children we operate a closed campus. If you would like to visit your child, please call our camp office at (301)-824-2729 and make arrangements prior to arriving to camp.
- When you arrive at camp, please come to the summer camp office and we will bring your child to see you.
- Families are invited to Skate Night: Thursday evenings from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. at: Turner’s Skate Palace: 17333 Virginia Ave, Hagerstown, MD 21740
- Families are invited to join us for Worship service at our new time of 11:45 a.m. on Saturday at our new location, the bottom of the White Pine lodge followed by baptism at the camp pool. The camp gates will be open at 11:30 am.
- We have an online system for requesting cabinmates. There are typically 6-8 campers in a cabin. Campers who request a cabinmate must also be requested by the cabinmate, in order to be in the same cabin. Groups larger than 2 are first come, first filled. Our philosophy is to balance the opportunity to meet new people with the comfort of being with friends. So, we do honor cabinmate requests, but our policy tries to make sure that no more than half of the campers in a cabin know each other before they arrive to camp. Campers who are not coming with friends are grouped into cabins with at least two other campers who are also not coming with friends.
This Year's Theme
Every year at Mt. Aetna Summer Camp we choose a theme. This year's theme is CALLED.